Monday, January 24, 2011

Memories of Graham

Since his diagnosis I had followed Graham's courageous battle with cancer on the Subiaco Church website. I am shocked and saddened by his passing.
 
I got to know Graham back in the late 1980's when he stayed at my parent's home during the time he was based in Charlotte NC working for the Leighton Ford Ministries. Unfortunately I was unable to meet up with Graham again after he left the United States for Australia, however I still have many vivid memories of him. In the many conversations I had with Graham during the time he stayed at my parent's house, his intellect and curiosity stood out to me the most. Graham was knowledgeable and curious about a wide range of subjects. He loved reading, and he particularly loved thinking about and discussing ideas. Not surprisingly he was a fascinating conversationalist. Graham also had a great sense of humor. I don't think I've ever been around anyone who made me laugh more than Graham. His observations and comments were often hilarious. When Graham would join my parents and me around the dinner table there was guaranteed to be interesting conversation and lots of laughter.
 
I remember that Graham loved all types of sports. There didn't seem to be a sport that Graham couldn't become deeply involved in watching; and when watching a game with Graham you were sure to hear much more interesting and humorous commentary from him than from the televison analyst.
 
Graham exuded a passion for living life to the fullest and from reading the tributes to him that have poured in from all over the world, it is clear he channeled his enthusiasm and passion toward reaching and helping others. He lived a life full of meaning and purpose and he will be greatly missed by many.
 
 
Donald Little  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment