Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Health Update - 10 January 2011

Dear Friends,

Again, thank you for your on going prayers and concern. Let me update you on my health. Some of you are aware that the day after Christmas I had to be admitted into the emergency room due to labored breathing. As a result, there was detected a build up of fluid in my right lung (ie my good lung) as well as the sack around my heart. Both need to be drained and it was a source of deep concern for some of the doctors. However, in the mean time my condition has become quite stable and I am resting now at home. The trip to the U.S. was canceled and my family from America came to join me here in Australia. Let me tell you how you can be praying for me now.
Pray that the fluids that I mentioned earlier will drain naturally from my system. I am currently on an oxygen bottle to help my depleted lungs and I would like to get off that as soon as possible.
I have on going fatigue and there is inevitable muscle break down after months of limited activity. Therefore, pray that my energy level would continue to increase in the days and weeks to come.
Pray for my spirits and all my family around me. We ask for continued encouragement and that we may keep our eyes fixed on the Lord.

It was just 15 days ago that I was told by several doctors that I would die in 2 to 14 days due to the fluid gain that I was experiencing. Clearly, the Lord timing is different. I can say with an open heart that if He calls me I am ready to be with Him. “For me to live is Christ, to die is gain.”

Thank you again for your on going love and concern. Please keep the prayers coming.

Yours In Christ,

Graham Johnston

3 comments:

  1. Graham/Tracey:

    Vicki and I have been following your situation for a couple of months and praying often for you all. I'm not sure we've seen you since the Wedding Reception your folks hosted for you way back when. Tracey, I think thats the only time we've ever got to meet you. We have so many fond memories of working together in Grace Bible Church's youth group. You were wonderful. You even stayed with us for several weeks after the semester was done and before you headed off to some international ministry. What can we say that hasn't been said? This morning we prayed for a miracle in your life. I know God will grant that either by a soon graduation into His presences or more time here on earth for Him. So glad your folks and Ben and Sherry are there. All the Johnstons have been a great influence in our life and ministry. We're praying for you old friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graham

    I have been following up all the updates of your healthy from the first time you were told that you had cancer. And my wife and I are praying for you and the family. I want to say that the way you have been responding to the situation and the medical reports is been a great ministry to me. This is real demonstration of the faith of the bible. Thank you for being such a great blessing and preacher even times of a trying time like this. I am Emmanuel Magambo from Kaale Uganda

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the Saints are praying for you. Grace be to you and peace form God our father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the father of Mercies and the God of ALL comfort. May His peace and comfort be your guide. We send our most deep Sympathy and love at this time of sadness and grief to you and all the people in Perth who loved Graham so very much. Our love and Blessings to you dearest Wendell and Martha and family and church. Blesings John and Carol, Dallas Tx

    ReplyDelete