Thursday, December 2, 2010

Health Update - 2 December 2010

Greetings my friends,

Firstly, let me apologise that our time in Melbourne left us a bit communication challenged. The good news is that Tracey and I arrived home safely on Friday following my 30th and final treatment earlier that day. After six weeks, I can't tell you how thrilled we are to be back home. I was concerned that my health might prevent me from travelling on the Friday but I was prepared to crawl across glass to get home. Each day now, I can feel myself getting stronger. So, I'm through the radiation treatment, praise God!

Now, everyone wants to know what was accomplished through this intense radiation treatment. Unfortunately, we wont know for awhile due to the extensive scar tissue and inflammation. What we do know is that the cancer sitting on my ribs in the upper left looks to be completely eradicated and my right lung has remained cancer free. So, the next couple of weeks will consist of rest and recovery; As well as managing the all the side effects, I'll be pulling back on my anti-naseau meds as well as the pain killers but this will be a gradual process. My first scans are scheduled for early Febuary, then we'll have a better idea of what happened.

While in Melbourne, we got close to this couple in the same program, Brendon and Sandy. We bonded almost immediately. Before we parted company, Brendon invited me to his bedside where I was able to share the gospel with him for over a half hour, pouring over Scriptures and asking, "What does it mean to be saved?". Both of them have proved to be very open to the Lord and we continue to be in regular contact with them. We'd appreciate if you might include them in your prayers.

Tracey and I have been reading through Proverbs together and one of the verses that struck me states, "The house of the wicked will be destroyed, but the tent of the upright will flourish." (14:11) My body is just a tent, but I pray that the Lord will allow it to flourish for a years to come.

I'm home now just relaxing. Please continue to keep me in your prayers as I recover and gain my strength.

Prayer:

1) Increased appetite and that I could start adding some weight.

2) That I might be able to listen to body and not push too hard or too fast during this time.

3) We're planning a trip to the US in January to see family and friends so pray that I'll be fit for this flight.

4) Pray that the radiation treatment accomplished what it supposed to and that my left lung will be found cancer free.

Thank you for your faithful prayers.

Yours in Christ,

Graham Johnston

8 comments:

  1. Helo Graham & Tracy, What wonderful news the above is. The Lord continue to heal you, and also use you wherever you are, as He did with Brendan. Praying for you and family, continually.
    Loving greetings.
    Jean King. (New Zealand.)(mother of Janice, in case you're puzzled.!!))

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thrilled to hear what God is doing in you and through you. We are praying for your total recovery and complete restoration.
    Blessings on you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Graham and Tracey,

    That is wonderful what God has done through you both with Brendon and Sandy. He has truly used you both through times of trial.

    As always - praying for you
    Love
    Lincoln, Natasha, Jasmine and Maia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thrilled with the progress of the treatment. I am happy for having been able to keep abreast over the internet. We will continue to pray for the concerns. Emmanuel, Kabale-Uganda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God for the good news!! You and your family are on my heart and in my prayers. Emmanuel Akatukunda
    Seoul

    ReplyDelete
  6. David Schneider04 December, 2010

    Love you bro! Been anxiously awaiting word on your completion. Amazed that God gave you strength to travel last Friday! Will continue to pray for God's power to infuse your body with His healing and strength. Praying for Tracey,Paige and Carson as well.
    grace and peace,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Graham,

    Great to hear about the progress you have made. Hope your trip in January is great and prayers are going up for a good scan result in February!

    James Middleton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Graham, We are so thankful to hear the good news and are continuing to pray for you. We know the Lord is with you and trust Him with your life. Merry Christmas and many blessings, Tim and Cindy Bucy

    ReplyDelete