Sunday, August 8, 2010

Health Update - 8 August 2010

My Dear Friends,

I want to say upfront that this has been a good week. At times, I can awake from a sleep and as I lie in bed, it can still seem like a dream. "I'm not really that ill, am I?" "Whose's life is this again?" Then, the Lord gently reminds me, "Yes, son, but I'm with you and I will never forsake you".

On Wednesday, I began my second cycle of chemo but before commencing the next cycle, I underwent a PET scan to check my progress. Well, it's pretty good news. The downside is that the cancer didn't shrink but there are four positives. One, the cancer's growth has been stopped, which is something because it was growing out of control prior to commencing the treatment. Two, it's not spread to any new areas. Three, my oncologist, Anna, was pleased that the "hot spots" showing the densest cancer activity seemed to have cooled down. This pleased her greatly. Four, the cancer has moved away from the damaged ribs and the ribs seem to be healing and I'm enjoying less pain.

So what does this mean? It's a positive step in a long journey. Despite what some may say, I'm in this for the long haul. This is reminder to me and hopefully to you, that prayer works. Don't give up on me. God willing, we together can beat this thing and when we do, the people of Subi Church and all those gathered in spirit will stand together in corporate worship; we will raise our hands, and sing at the top of our lungs "How Great is Our God" because all the glory will go to Him.

On Friday, I received another ozone therapy and I'm already enjoying the benefits of this treatment to enable me through the chemo. This Wednesday, I receive my next infusion of the CD-40 trial drug. Pray that all will go well and that this treatment will have even greater impact as we progress forward.

On a sad note, my brother Ben, will be departing Perth on Tuesday. Ben has simply hung out, sat with me; served me; and done all within his power to help me through this time. Proverbs speaks of a friend who is closer than a brother. I'm just fortunate enough that friend to me is my brother.

Blessings on you all.

To His glory,

Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment