Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Re: Tribute to Graham Johnston

On hearing the sad news of the passing of the much loved pastor Graham Johnston, I wish to send my condolences to Tracey and Carson and Paige the entire Subiaco Church of Christ community. I was a member of Subi church some years ago when I was a university student, and when I came back from teaching  in Geraldton as an Art Teacher. My most precious memories as a young Christian women was spending time in fellowship at Subi and how Graham had such a heart for the young. He would accompany us to the State Youth Games in Bunbury and take great interest in seeing us engage in positive and rewarding experiences that would enrich our walk with the Lord Jesus Christ. After church, he and Tracey would accompany us to the markets for lunch which was so lovely. It was always a great pleasure to listen to more of his teaching at bible study at his home. His sermons always touched my heart and God often spoke to my heart through his wonderful messages. His messages were always clear and to the point about Salvation and living an authentic Christian walk. 
I found that the highlight of my week was coming to church at Subi, and Graham would always  be there to talk to and encourage me in whatever difficulties I was facing. He was a dear brother in the Lord and I will miss him, but it is a great consolation that we will meet again when the Lord comes.
I count it a privilege to have met Graham and the everlasting impact his ministry had on my life in my twenties.
Kind Regards
Mrs Caroline Esiason

No comments:

Post a Comment